LEESBURG – The Lake~Sumter Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) will be providing the public with an opportunity to comment on its Federal Economic Stimulus Transportation Project Priorities List. The following advisory committees will be making recommendations to the MPO Governing Board on the project priority list at the following meeting dates and times at the Lake-Sumter MPO, 1616 South 14th St., Leesburg, Florida:
Technical Advisory Committee
February 18, 2009, 2:00 p.m.
Citizens’ Advisory Committee
February 18, 2009, 4:00 p.m.
Bicycle & Pedestrian Advisory Committee
February 19, 2009, 3:00 p.m.
The Lake-Sumter MPO Governing Board will be taking action on the Federal Economic Stimulus Transportation Project Priority List, to be forwarded to state and federal agencies, on Wednesday, February 25, 2009 at 2 p.m. at the Tavares Civic Center, 100 East Caroline Street, Tavares, Florida.
The public will have an opportunity to provide comments during any of the above listed meetings and are encouraged to participate. The MPO’s preliminary Federal Economic Stimulus Transportation Project Priority List may be reviewed on our website at www.LakeSumterMPO.com or you may call us at (352) 315-0170 to request a fax or e-mail. Any questions should be directed to: T. J. Fish, Executive Director, Lake~Sumter MPO, 1616 South 14th Street, Leesburg, Florida 34748; (352) 315-0170; or by e-mail at
The MPO’s preliminary Federal Economic Stimulus Transportation Project Priority List is as follows:
- SR 25 (US 27), FROM 1000' N OF LAKE LOUISA ROAD TO N OF CLUSTER OAK DRIVE
- SR 25 (US 27), FROM BOGGY MARSH ROAD TO LAKE LOUISA ROAD
- SR 50, FROM E OF GRAND HIGHWAY TO W OF HANCOCK ROAD
- SR 35 (US 301), FROM N OF CR 232 TO N OF NE 110TH ROAD
- FLORIDA TURNPIKE, LEESBURG MAINLINE TOLL PLAZA, OPEN ROAD TOLLING "LITE"
- FLORIDA CENTRAL RAILROAD, BRIDGE OVER DORA CANAL
- FLORIDA CENTRAL RAILROAD, PLYMOUTH TO TAVARES
- FLORIDA CENTRAL RAILROAD
- PICCIOLA ROAD BRIDGE, W OF MULHOLLAND DRIVE, FRUITLAND PARK
- LOIS DRIVE BRIDGE, W OF TAMMI DRIVE, TAVARES
- LAKESHORE DRIVE BRIDGE, W OF HAMMOCK RIDGE ROAD, CLERMONT
- C-476W, FROM HERNANDO COUNTY LINE TO SW 22 WAY
- C-48E, FROM SR 471 TO E OF OSCEOLA AVENUE
- LAKE COUNTY FEDERAL AID ELIGIBLE
- TAVARES MARINA/SEAPLANE BASIN, WOOTON PARK (LAKE DORA), TAVARES
- UMATILLA MUNICIPAL AIRPORT, UTILITY RELOCATION
- BUSHNELL MULTIMODAL
- LAKE PANASOFFKEE PEDESTRIAN TRAIL
- SUMTER COUNTY, C-ROAD RESTRIPING
Please visit http://www.dot.state.fl.us/planning/economicstimulus/ for more information about Florida’s preparation for proposed federal economic stimulus funding. Federal actions are taking place very quickly, please check back for updated information.