For immediate release - January 4, 2007
Lake-Sumter MPO Board elects new officers for 2007
TAVARES — The Lake-Sumter Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) Board elected new officers last month at its regularly scheduled meeting.
The new officers are as follows:
• Chairman David Yeager, City of Minneola
• Chairman-elect Welton Cadwell, Lake County
• First Vice-Chairman/Treasurer Ray Goodgame, City of Clermont
• Second Vice-Chairman Michael Francis, Sumter County
The Board also made the following appointments at the December meeting:
• The chairman, chairman-elect and first vice-chairman shall automatically serve as the three primary appointments to the Central Florida MPO Alliance (CFMPOA). Chairman David Yeager was appointed as the Smart Growth Alliance representative.
• Three alternates to the CFMPOA shall be elected by the voting members. This year’s alternatives are Mount Dora Mayor James Yatsuk, Lake County Commissioner Jennifer Hill and Lady Lake Commissioner Ty Miller.
• The chairman shall automatically serve as the primary appointment to the Florida MPO Advisory Council (MPOAC), and the chairman-elect and first vice-chairman shall automatically serve as alternates.
• Lake County Commissioner Debbie Stivender was reappointed as the Chairman of the Lake County Transportation Disadvantaged Coordinating Board.
• Immediate Past Chair James Yatsuk was appointed Chairman of the Lake-Sumter MPO Bicycle & Pedestrian Advisory Committee.
The Lake-Sumter MPO Board consists of 20 board members (14 voting and six non-voting) representing the communities of the Lake-Sumter region. Each member government appoints an elected official to the MPO Board, along with an alternate representative.
The apportionment of membership on the Lake-Sumter MPO Board includes one voting representative from each of the seven most populated cities in Lake County, including Clermont, Eustis, Lady Lake, Leesburg, Minneola, Mount Dora and Tavares. In addition, the five members of the Lake County Board of County Commissioners and the one designated county commissioner from the Sumter County Board of County Commissioners are each voting members. The seven least populated cities of Lake County share one at-large vote that rotates alphabetically each year.
Public Information Coordinator
Office: 352-343-9603; Cell: 352-455-0445