TAVARES — Lake County Government will host five community meetings between Wednesday, Aug. 30, and Thursday, Aug. 31, to receive public input regarding a proposed fixed bus route along U.S. Highway 441 from Lady Lake to Mount Dora.
The Lake County Department of Community Services and the Lake-Sumter Metropolitan Planning Organization are currently planning to launch the new bus service in early 2007. The coordinating agencies are asking for the public’s help with evaluating the current plans and determining the best locations for bus stops. The new bus service is expected to help meet the public transportation needs of Lake County residents and assist with reducing traffic congestion on U.S. Highway 441.
The series of community meetings are as follows:
• Aug. 30, 9 to 11 a.m., Carver Park Complex, 2214 E. Bates Ave., Eustis
• Aug. 30, 12 to 2:30 p.m., Lake Square Mall food court, 10401 US Highway 441, Leesburg
• Aug. 30, 3:30 to 5 p.m., Community Services office, 1300 S. Duncan Drive (State Road 19), Building E, Tavares
• Aug. 31, 9 a.m. to 12 p.m., Paradise Regional Recreation Center, 1403 Paradise Drive, The Villages
• Aug. 31, 2 to 5 p.m., Susan Street Recreation Complex, 940 Susan St., Leesburg
For more information about the proposed bus route or the public meetings, call the Lake County Department of Community Services, Transportation Disadvantaged Division, at (352) 742-6580.